Whilst we have linked the badge (as usual) to all the requirements, they are listed below also.
To achieve this badge you need to:
1. Help to put up a tent.
(for a beaver this could be one of our recently acquired pop up tents which many children manage to put up ,..but many parents & carers, fail to be able to put away afterward, so we'll try to show your child popping them back into disc shape too)!
2. Collect wood and help to build a fire.
3. Cook on a fire or barbecue. (our sausage sizzles maybe? ..or under supervision with an adult at home.
(for this why not check out our "bannock bread" video blog post, it is simple & cheap ...& cooked right tasty camp food)! .. it only takes a few minutes to make & around 20 minutes to bake a small loaf.
4. Learn how to tie a reef knot. (we have a brilliant interactive knot tying link)
5. Take part in a small pioneering project. (we do these at cubs & beavers regularly)
6. Start your own camp blanket.
7. Visit a Cub, Scout or Group camp.