ONLY with Adult supervision, permission & help of your parents / carers... this is HOT FOOD from a HOT fire or BBQ so be sensible & stay safe!
A classic backwoods treat; chocolate bananas are the ultimate sweet food that can be cooked on a fire.All you need to make one of these fantastic desserts is 1 banana and 1 small packet of chocolate buttons.
- Place your banana down and see which side sits flat.
- Cut a slit in the side that is facing up.
- Stuff it with a few chocolate buttons (or as many as you want!).
- Wrap in tin foil and leave in the embers of your fire. You could also place on a grille above the fire.
- Leave for two to five minutes. When the chocolate is melted, it is ready to eat.
- Provide as many bananas and packs of chocolate buttons as you need, depending on how many Scouts you have.