Afterwards we hunkered down & created Easter creations, (with paper print outs, scissors, colouring pens & plenty of glue) & Akela Judith very kindly had made each of us some Easter birds nest mini cakes to take home...
Check out the recipe below!
By Akela Judith
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 8 mins (Plus chilling)
Skill level: Easy
Servings: Makes 12
A spin on traditional chocolate cornflake cakes, this version uses extra-fine strands of wheat for great texture.
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 85g shredded wheat, crushed
- 2 x 100g bags mini chocolate eggs
- cupcake cases
Wash your hands really well, then with a grown up, get started!
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water. Pour the chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate wheat into 12 cupcake cases and press the back of a teaspoon in the centre to create a nest shape. Place 3 mini chocolate eggs on top of each nest. Chill the nests in the fridge for 2 hrs until set.
Find this recipe & more at BBCgoodfood.com