Kit to pack for camp...
Below is a suggested list of what to bring packed with you for the latest camp...
Please get your parents or carers to help you with this... if you need more help, or need to get some equipment look on our links page for shops near us (or mail order)
or contact your leaders to see if they can help you!?
Print it out & tick it off as you pack your equipment.
Using Google "Chrome"? ..simply go to Print, and there's a built-in option 'Save as PDF'. ..or press your pc keyboard print button & select pdf ..or simply to print out the pages.
(right click is disabled on all our pages).
Don't forget to write your name on everything so your kit doesn't get lost!
Beavers & cubs ..lay all your kit out on your bed, you can get your parent or carer to "help" you pack & tick off items as they go in your rucksack / kitbag, but you need to know what you have & where it is in your packing!
For more information on Camp kit see "Izzy's kit review page"
PACK!!! ..Remember, you WILL be carrying all your own kit, so,.. pack wisely & pack well!
- Rucksack/Kitbag - No Suitcases (we won't have anywhere to put them)
- Sleeping Bag, ...(3 season preferred) it does get cold at night, especially near a river!
- Sleeping mat.
- Camp blanket, ...(for around the fire & as extra insulation)
- Small Day Rucksack
- Walking Boots or strong shoes
- Thick walking socks
- Waterproof Coat & Trousers
- Sun Hat
- Multiple Socks, Underwear
- Shorts / Trousers or tracksuit bottoms
- Multiple T-shirts / Shirts
- Multiple Sweatshirts / Jumper
- Pyjamas / Nightwear ..please, note no nightdresses, they are cold in a camping environment.
- Cub / Scout Uniform (to be worn during travel)
- Swimming Trunks / Shorts
- Towel (include one more to act as a pillow)
- Empty pillowcase (can be padded out with clothes)
- Toiletries (flannel or sponge, soap toothbrush & toothpaste hairbrush or comb)
- Sun Tan Lotion
- Knife, Fork, Spoon, Teaspoon
- Non-breakable Large Plate
- Non-breakable Cereal Bowl
- Non-breakable Mug or Cup
- Drink Container (clearly named & leakproof)
- Tea Towel
- Torch (& spare batteries)
- Pen & Paper
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Plastic bags for dirty clothes